We’re looking for an Assistant Manager to join the award-winning team here at Cattle Country. The full job advert is below and we’re keen for someone to start as soon as possible. If you believe you have the right experience, enthusiasm and passion for this job, then we want to hear from you!
Salary £19, 760
Full time, 40 hours per week (5/7 days)
Based in Berkeley, Gloucestershire
Cattle Country is one of the South West’s leading visitor attractions. We have won an array of awards for which we are very proud. Our success and our accolades are a result of our exceptional, passionate and enthusiastic employees that work for us. We have an impressive number of indoor and outdoor activities that ensures we are busy all year round, and we are constantly looking at ways to invest in our existing and new attractions.
In order to support our success, we are seeking a key member to join our management team. As Assistant Manager, you will report directly to the general manager and support in ensuring the overall smooth running of the park on a daily basis. The job role includes:
• Deputising for the general manager in his absence.
• Having specific responsibility for managing and helping develop the team.
• Having financial responsibility for the park.
• Maintaining and promoting very high standards to ensure a first-class customer experience.
• Ensuring the park and its equipment are maintained in a safe, clean and tidy condition whenever the park is open.
• Assist the general manager in the development of event days
• Identify possible areas of development and improvement in the business and advise accordingly.
• Assisting in practical duties (e.g. grounds maintenance) if and when required.
The successful candidate will have demonstrable supervisory/management experience in a retail environment and will have a natural commercial awareness of running a multi-faceted operation. You will have advanced IT skills including Excel, Outlook and Word and experience of EPOS and social media. Ideally you will have a background in tourism, events or hospitality operations, with an understanding of how fast paced and varied each day can be, and will relish the challenge. You will be a natural leader, and thrive in developing people.
If you believe you have the right experience, enthusiasm and passion, please send a CV and covering letter to Stuart Burnell, General Manager email: [email protected]